Nutritional timing is vital for your performance, endurance, and recovery. I’ve got the nutrition profile for the easiest and most tastiest after-workout fuel you need.
Immediately After Working Out for 60+Minutes
Notice there are about 40 grams of carbs and 10 grams of protein. A 4:1 ratio has been shown to improve recovery, reduce soreness, and promote muscle synthesis. The carbs restore your depleted glycogen and reduce muscle damage. Eat a meal like this immediately after your workout.
- 1 Organic Banana
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar, Maple Flavored
- 2 Tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
Slice the banana and mix in the agave and peanut butter. Yum!
Within 30 Minutes After Working Out
This should hold you over until your next meal, which should contain Branch Chained Amino Acids and complete proteins. This will further optimize protein and glycogen re-synthesis. I enjoy either a Vega Sport Vanilla Protein shake with just plain water or I make my special hot chocolate. One scoop will give you 25 grams of protein and BCAA from pure, mostly organic sources.
- 1 scoop Vega Sport Performance Protein, Vanilla
- 2 tbl Natural Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk, boxed
- 1/2 cup Water
- Mix non-dairy milk and water in a large mug.
- Heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Slowly mix in cocoa and then protein. Enjoy!