Making A Lifestyle You think it’s a diet. You think it’s a cleanse. You think it’s not eating carbs. You think wrong. Health is a lifestyle. It’s a complete way of living. Health is from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed and the hours in between. It’s a 24/7 practice. It’s eating, drinking, breathing, and heart-beating. You can eat whatever you want, you can workout whenever you want, and you can socialize in any way. A healthy lifestyle means doing those things with health in mind.
I eat cookies, pizza, sushi, cake, brownies, and dark chocolate. I take days off from working out. I sit in my pajamas all day on sunday and watch tv. I eat chinese food once a week. Does this sound healthy? Not at all! Here is a health-ifying breakdown:
- I eat organic cookies I either bake at home, or buy in small portions.
- I eat organic vegan pizzas that are single-serving, or made from home on a pita.
- I go to sushi once a month or less.
- If I eat cake, it’s a mug cake that I make in the microwave. Again, single serving.
- Same goes for brownies. (Why have a huge pan sitting around to devour?)
- Dark chocolate is afforded to one small square a day, or in the form of Raw Cacao powder to make hot cocoa or chocolate milk.
- Rest days are essential to rebuild and recover. Taking an extra one is always okay.
- My chinese food is made from Gardein Mandarin Chick’n and Quinoa.
- Sunday is a rest day, so I’m allowed to do what the hell I want!
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too You see? You can have all those things if you just healthify them! I have a major sweet tooth. I am a fat kid in a health nut’s body. I love my sweets, but I always keep health in mind when eating them. If I go overboard, I’ll be sure to make up for it in the gym. Aim for balance.
Your life is important. Your vitality, wellness, vigor, energy, and spirit is important. You deserve the best because you are the best.
I may indulge in all those things, but guess what? It’s OKAY. I’m healthy and you can be too.
Find time, at least an hour a day, to devote to moving. If you can’t get to a gym, do some body exercises during one of your TV shows. Squats, Push-ups, Dips, Mountain Climbers. Those four things will shape you up just fine. They will get your body, digestion, and metabolism moving more efficiently.
I know it’s hard to change your frame of mind. Change is a frightening thing. But if you don’t change how you look at losing weight and gaining health today, then you won’t ever get there. You will continue the same behavioral patterns and end up where you started, or worse, heavier and sicker.
If you need any help, just ask. My mission is to fight obesity and that starts with one person at at time.
If being overweight isn’t your healthy lifestyle issue, what is? Tell me below and inspire the next blog. Thanks for reading.