You know what really grinds my gears? Myths. Lies. And Bullshit. I’ve been on a research hunt for the past couple weeks, reading and learning about all the latest studies on fitness, weight loss, and sports nutrition. I’ve come across a lot of claims, a bunch of idiots, and have learned a few great things about fat loss and nutrition. I’ll give you the rundown.
- Some tools believe that an abstract of a small study (n<20) is going to prove their point.
- People believe what marketing companies tell them, no matter what facts are shown.
- Supplement companies make false claims, or claims made on small, ill-prepared studies.
Things I’ve Learned
- Fasted training teaches your body to use fat as a fuel more efficiently.
- This means having an empty stomach for at least 15 hours.
- Intermittent Fasting can be a very efficient way to lose fat for most people, Type 1 Diabetics excluded.
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) can help a body recover faster and decrease soreness if taken before/during/after an intense workout.
- A lot of BCAA supplements are sourced from human hair and feathers. (Gross!)
- There is only one pure company I found, Ajipure, which makes BCAA’s with fermentation.
Not sure about something you’ve heard? Let me research the claim for you. Comment below with any diet/fitness questions!